Hokay, so…yeah, that blog on patience:
I've said this quote before in the past, but I'm not sure if it was a quote of the day or I just said it, but I'm going to rephrase it a little, because I think I used this quote in reference to relationships or something like that:
Patience shows your maturity. When a child earns money, the child wants to spend the money immediately on something he or she can afford, in which that toy or candy (or whatever) only provides contentment and a feeling of pleasure only for a moment; it doesn't last long. A responsible person, or an adult saves his or her money for something worth while; something that will last. Instead of spending money for the moment, one saves for something that provides joy for a long time, or something that is useful for a long time (such as a car…whatever, you get what I mean).
It takes patience to get anything good; all the great things in life take time, and don't come easy…If it comes easy, it's probably not right.
So what's the problem? We don't want to wait; we want the great things in life…now. We want the fun stuff, and all the things that provide that "happy feeling" but we don't want to deal with the labor, or the hard parts (ahem* like relationships: being there for the kisses, but bailing out of a commitment or an argument…or a promotion: you want the extra money, but you won't work harder for it) **Just on a side note…if you think you should get a raise for doing what you were getting paid to do in the first place, you need to wake up, you get a raise when they see you working diligently, and when they see you go beyond what's asked (its called initiative), but anyway, the blog is about patience…not getting a raise.**
We all know patience isn't easy; I don't need to write a quote of the day for anyone to figure that out, but it's very necessary in life. It shows character; those who can't wait often show immaturity and don't like when something doesn't go their way. Take a child that wants a toy, for instance; the parent says wait and the child sits for a minute followed by repetitious asking again, and eventually throws a temper tantrum on the Wal*Mart food aisle. Yeah…again I refer to a child…but how many times have I walked going to class at Pembroke, hearing some chick yelling on her cell phone because her mom won't buy her a car or is going to cut her cell phone? (stupid stuff like that, and is stupid to yell about considering the person yelling wasn't the one spending their own money to begin with for whatever it is she's not getting). A patient person waits, and gets what they want by diligence, and not by yelling or complaining.
By the way, people, patience isn't waiting a day and getting it the next day. Patience is waiting passionately as long as it takes until what the door of opportunity opens for your desire to come true. I say passionately, because if you don't really care for it, you can more than likely do without it, or don't really need it, your time is non refundable and should be spent waiting on something you really care about. I also say the door of opportunity, because waiting doesn't mean that in time, that one thing you wanted will come for you, it just simply means with time, options come to you to start you plan to then accomplish getting what you wanted. Such as really wanting a house: waiting doesn't mean someone will just walk up and give you the deed (though I've seen that too), but maybe after time, a good deal comes along that your finances can manage and it won't put you in debt. Or wanting a good career…and so the opportunity to go to a good school that specializes in preparing people for that career comes to you with a scholarship (or in some cases, simply accepts you into their program…such as a really good medical school).
Last time a guy got rich overnight…I think he sold drugs or killed someone (or won the lottery…but…fat chance of that happening right?). It takes time for the right things to happen. So hey…if you don't understand something, or things are looking down…just keep you head up and press forward, don't give up your dream and in good time, you'll get what you desire. After all…Jesus COULD have said I quit and decided not to go through the whole crucifixion process and left us hanging rather than letting him being patient with people like us right? Yeah…just a thought. I'm done…night
Sunday, September 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment