Well...I haven't written a blog...but this isn't actually a blog-blog...its actually an excerpt from my prayer journal. It is actually written as a prayer to God...so you may find the structure of the writing a bit odd...but bear with it...I just felt a desire to share some of what I wrote with y'all. Call me a fool for believing in Christ, or say Amen, but either way, it's what I believe, and that's pretty much all that matters.
First, the song:
"You are Holy," performed by Lee University Campus Chior:
I saw the Lord seated on the throne;
He was clothed in glory, and exalted high.
And the train of His robe fills the temple
And angels gathered around him and cried:
You are holy, Oh so holy;
You are holy, Lord of all.
Woe is me, for I am unclean
For my eyes have seen the holy King.
But he cleansed my lips...right before my eyes
And the pillars shook, as the angels cried:
You are holy, Oh so holy;
You are holy, Lord of all.
2nd, the actual writing: it will be edited for length purposes (and because after all...It is MY prayer...you don't need to read it all...but as a side note**** whenever I say something like: You have loved ME...just replace "Me" with "us" or something like that...for it is a general thing...except that I personalized it in my writings.)
I reflect among the song "You are Holy:""I saw the Lord seated on the throne; He was clothed in glory and exalted high." This song is written from Isaiah 6, in which I aknowledge that You, oh Lord, are God; the on seated on the throne. I reflect Your glory as I read: "the train of His robe filled the temple." Upon talking to mom, the "train" signifies status, such as a bride getting married. The longer the train is, the higher you are supposed to be. Queens of the world, or even that of Princess Diana were lengthened from the alter past the seats. Your train...filled the temple. your status? God. A simple example of how great and powerful You are.
And it continues:
"as the angel cried; 'Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of His glory." (vs 3). Even in the song: such a pwerful, yet simple chorus; "You are Holy, oh so Holy, You are holy, Lord of all." After aknowledgeing who you are, and after hearing the angels' cries...it is the net part that shows how loving You truly are. "Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips,...For my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts." (vs. 5)
In this...I am ashamed to see You, Lord. For one who is so unclean, to look upon one hose robe fills the temple...to look upon the one who is above all. Lord my mouth has spoken lies; it has spoken doubt, curses, hatred, and has spoken hurt.
But...
"Behold, this has touched your lips; Your iniquity is taken away, and you sin purged." (vs 7). OR, in the words of the song: "and He cleansed my lips, right before my eyes."
You have shown mercy on my life, Lord, and have gien me another chance. And "as the pillars shook" or "the posts of the door were shaken by the voice of him who cried out..." (vs. 4)
So, as I sing the song it is not the angel declaring; however, I fall to my knee and cry out to You and sing, declaring: "You are holy, oh so Holy, You are holy Lord of all"
Part 3: The purpose of sharing this with you...
is simply becaue of the impact this song has on my life. I never stopped to think of how truly glorious God is. For those who don't know what the "train" is...that is the part of the robe that drags the ground such as a bride's gown that follows behind her....you might think of the cape that they wear that drags the ground. It, again, signifies status...and God's robe FILLED the temple...signifying that he is above all kings, and above all. However, one so glorious and powerful...is yet so forgiving and loving...for though we have all have had sin in our lives...he cleanses us of our sins...and makes us worthy to do his will and his works. In this passage of Isaiah 6: the man, Isaiah (duh) has been called to be a prophet...but he declares that he is unclean...but through the process of purifying him...God made Him worthy to do His will...just as God has made you and me worthy to do the will of God.
Monday, September 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment